The teller provides quality service throughout every customer contact in order to meet customer service and retention goals and objectives. Consistently conducts accurate customer banking transactions. Identifies and sells additional Retail Banking products and services to contribute to revenue and profitability objectives of the division. Identifies sales opportunities outside the scope of Retail Banking and refers customers, when appropriate, to other business units/sales forces in support of overall revenue and profitability objectives.
1. Remains customer-focused, providing consistent, efficient, and accurate service in processing customer transactions, with the goals of customer satisfaction and retention. Processes transactions in accordance with policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
2. Maintains and balances a cash drawer.
3. Contributes to the customer retention and expansion sales goals of the branch through the referral process. Knows features and benefits and refers products/services, including those of other divisions. Maintains integrity when self-reporting referrals.
4. Promotes and performs within a positive and productive Teller line culture, with an emphasis on team spirit, integrity, and quality. Projects a professional image in dress, manner, communication, and focus.
5. Demonstrates commitment, dependability, and respect for other team members with regular and predictable attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability.
6. Meet training, job skill and performance measurements as outlined in the Teller position.
7. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required. Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations. Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity. If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous cash handling experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
4. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to type and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
1. Previous Teller experience.
2. Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
3. Demonstrated customer service skills.
4. Demonstrated referral sales skills.
Link to our Benefits
Link to our Home Page
First National Bank of Omaha - 20 months ago