Ensure compliance with First National Bank South Dakota policies and compliance standards. Provide quality service throughout every customer contact in order to meet FNBSD retail customer service and retention goals and objectives. Consistently conduct accurate customer banking transactions. Promote the bank and its products by suggesting products and services and referring customers to the appropriate area of the bank.
Open and sort mail
- Ensure compliance with First National Bank South Dakota policies and compliance standards. Deliver consistent service through the correct application of retail policies and procedures. Report any compliance issues, violations of laws or regulations with the steps defined in the FNBO Compliance Accountability program. Complete all assigned compliance training. Ensure compliance with Reg CC holds and be able to provide Reg CC notification. Working knowledge of CTR’s and robbery preparedness. Ensure bank’s physical security during opening/closing procedures and in the vault and teller areas during business hours.
- Provide ongoing customer-focused service and sales support while accurately processing all customer transactions in accordance with established First National Bank South Dakota policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Maximize cross-selling by identifying potential customers needs. Explain to the customer the available financial products and services that may fit their needs, and finally by referring the customer to the appropriate areas or specialists that could fulfill their needs.
- Provide the following transactional duties:
- Process paying and receiving transactions
- Process deposit and loan payments
- Process inter-affiliate transactions
- Process savings bonds and cashier checks
- Assist with remote capture and process according to standards(BIC)
- Maintain and balance cash drawer, vault cash, and cash dispense
- Count/sort/wrap currency and coin
- Process cash advances
- Assist with ATM balancing and servicing
- Process night drops
- Purchase or sell foreign currency
- Provide the following operational duties:
Input address changes
Assist customers with check orders
Quote pay-offs on consumer loans
Process mailed-in transactions
Understand all security equipment and safety precautions
Conduct the opening and closing procedures
Transport items between locations as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience. Cash handling and 10 key experience.
Experience in reviewing cash balances and general bookkeeping procedures. Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
Prior banking experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively. Ability to use proper grammar in customer communications.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to analyze information skillfully; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Capable of good judgment.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in PC operation and demonstrated understanding of applicable software including Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment while being able to remain calm and diffuse conflict.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
First National Bank South Dakota promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
- General office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First National of Nebraska, Inc. - 9 months ago