Full-time; 40 hours/week Starting Pay:
*$10.50 per hour - Teller I (Less than 1 year of teller experience) *$11.00 per hour - Teller II (Between 1 & 2 years of teller experience) *$11.25 per hour - Teller III (2 or more year of teller experience)
Tellers are assigned sales goals and will use effective listening skills to identify customer needs and refer customer to appropriate product or service area within the bank. Tellers will track & report customer sales referrals and their results are measured on a quarterly basis. Tellers are generally the first "point of contact" for customers and are expected to display a high level of professionalism at all times.
Under general supervision, learns to process and complete a variety of banking transactions including processing business and consumer deposits, account withdrawals, selling travelers' checks, cashiers' checks & money orders, processing wire transfer & account transfer requests and safe deposit box access. Will learn and be required to adhere to check cashing guidelines and various banking regulations related to transaction processing. Tellers routinely assist customers' in resolving account balancing issues, fraud reports and general concerns.
Positions are opened until filled. Resumes are not accepted without a completed application. West Coast Bank Job numbers are required on all applications. Pre-employment drug test required.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Bi-lingual in Spanish or Russian desired.
- Ability to maintain an attendance record within established bank standards.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical skills and previous cash handling experience desired.
- Good organizational skills, time management and detail oriented.
- Flexible with regard to work routine
- Ability to move quickly from one job duty to another.
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to use and operate all office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, calculators, fax machine, and copier.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes.
Please note that you will be personally contacted if chosen for an interview. Due to the large number of applications we receive not all applicants will be contacted. Please monitor our website for the ongoing status of the position posting.
West Coast Bank / West Coast Trust is a Federal Contractor under the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and committed to hiring a diverse work team.
West Coast Bank - 20 months ago