Teller applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
Summary: Operates a teller’s window by providing prompt, efficient, and accurate customer service, representing the Bank in a courteous, professional manner, alert to customer needs and willing to cross-sell or refer the customer to the appropriate staff.
• Accepts deposits: verifying cash, endorsements, and issues receipts.
• Answers customer inquiries and gives balances when requested.
• Performs check-cashing and saving bond redemption services.
• Sells Cashier’s Checks, Travelers Checks, and U.S. Savings Bonds.
• Accepts commercial loan, installment loan, and Treasury Tax payments.
• Accepts wire transfer, stop payment, and address change requests.
• Processes Visa/Master Card and Discover card cash advance transactions.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy and security of bank assets.
• Promotes/cross-sells the Bank’s products and services as opportunities arise.
• Is knowledgeable of and follows the opening and closing procedures at their assigned location.
• Is knowledgeable of and compliant with Regulation CC, Bank Secrecy Act, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
• Is knowledgeable of all bank policies and security equipment relating to teller operations.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
• Ability to operate teller terminal and other standard office equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess ability to communicate effectively with customers in a positive manner.
• Must have ability to accurately handle heavy cash flow.
• Successful completion of teller training and any other compliance training deemed necessary by the bank.
WestStar Bank - 14 months ago