Solta Medical, Inc. (SLTM) is a global leader in the medical aesthetics market providing innovative, safe, and effective solutions for patients that enhance and expand the practice of medical aesthetics for physicians. The company offers products to address a range of skin issues under the industry's six premier brands: Thermage®, Fraxel®, Isolaz®, CLARO®, Clear + Brilliant™ and Liposonix®. Thermage is an innovative, non-invasive radiofrequency procedure for tightening and contouring skin. As the leader in fractional laser technology, Fraxel delivers minimally invasive clinical solutions to resurface aging and sun damaged skin. Isolaz was the first light based system indicated for the treatment of inflammatory acne, comedonal acne, pustular acne, and mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. CLARO is a personal care acne system that is the first FDA cleared over-the-counter IPL device that uses a powerful combination of both heat and light to clear skin quickly and naturally. Clear + Brilliant is a unique, cost-effective treatment that utilizes safe, fractional laser technology to prevent and maintain early signs of aging. Liposonix is a non-surgical treatment to reduce waist circumference with advanced high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology to permanently destroy targeted fat beneath the skin. Since 2002, approximately one million Thermage, Fraxel and Isolaz procedures have been performed in over 100 countries.
Our mission is to be the leader in developing transformational aesthetic products, procedures and services; building world class brands; and providing long term value for our stakeholders.
Solta Medical is looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a creative, challenging and professional environment - where respect for the energy of new ideas, diversity and teamwork can be found at every level of the organization. We create new opportunities for physicians and the patients they serve. And, of course, opportunities for our employees to grow and thrive.
Position Title: Temp. Sr. Software Verification Engineer
Description: The Senior Software Verification Engineer will be responsible for leading V&V activities for legacy systems and new products; systematic planning, designing and execution of verification test effort; ensure full traceability from requirements to test cases; participate in CCB; and coordinate with other software engineers to assist in requirements and design activities.
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
Experience Education Training Skills Traits:
- Lead verification activities including but not limited to developing, coordinating, and executing verification tests
- Create test procedures as well as review test procedures generated by associate software verification engineers.
- Follow structured product development lifecycle in the medical device regulated environment • Design Test Cases and Use Cases for Class II Medical Device Software
- Ensure full traceability between requirements and test cases
- Participate in root cause analysis of software issues
Language and Verbal Skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of software verification experience is required.
- Experience in development of test architecture and automated test programs.
- Experience working with configuration management, test management and defect tracking tools.
- Strong working knowledge of QNX.
- Experience with software lifecycle processes in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, and other regulatory bodies) is required.
- Familiarity with test automation systems such as H.P. Quality Center, LDRA, IBM TestManager a plus.
- Experience testing software for medical devices and the FDA certification process is required.
- Candidate must be self-directed
- Must be able to systematically test legacy embedded systems
- Ideal candidate will have good written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented approach, and strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering specifications general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports specifications and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers and managers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills
Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 10 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some work will be required to be performed in animal and clinical laboratories where the employee must employ standard techniques to protect against chemical and biological hazards. Some prototyping activities will involve moderate noise levels (i.e. power drill) and moderate dust or debris exposure.
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe cooperative and productive work environment thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Solta Medical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Solta Medical - 13 months ago