FusionStorm is an award-winning, information technology delivery (ITD) companyTM. We combine best-of-breed products from leading vendors with a full suite of Professional and Managed Services to help our customers save money and grow their businesses. FusionStorm provides advanced technology and data center infrastructure expertise; world-class IT consulting, and managed and support services. We ensure our customer’s IT investments create value and realize high returns.
FusionStorm hires extraordinary people who strive to make a difference. Our success is in large part due to our outstanding talented and dedicated employees. If you thrive on transformation, empowerment to make a difference, and identification of solutions in an innovative environment, we want you to join our team.
FusionStorm is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in San Jose, Sacramento, Irvine, San Diego, Bakersfield, Las Vegas, Dallas Texas, Columbus Ohio, Franklin Massachusetts, New York City, Red Bank New Jersey, and Tampa Florida. For more information about FusionStorm, please visit www.fusionstorm.com .
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel for our Legal department in Franklin, Massachusetts. The position is temporary for approximately three to four months
. The ideal candidate MUST have international experience and contracts experience.
The Corporate Counsel will report to the company’s General Counsel and assist with mitigating business risks. This position will focus on contract management, litigation assistance, and policy advice.
• Review and negotiate all customer contracts and confidentiality agreements
• Draft, negotiate, and review all third party contractual documents including but not limited to reseller agreements, property leases, equipment leases, vendor agreements
• Assist managers with the creation of one-off agreements such as channel partners, evaluation agreements, warehousing agreements
• Advise managers of legal risk and business risks relate to contractual relationships
• Review Statements of Work and Service Orders as needed
• Ensure responsiveness in accordance with company service level commitments
• Develop and recommend contract department's processes.
• Guide sales proposals through process and identify and mitigate risk issues in achievement of strategic business goals.
• Provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits.
• Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues.
• Represent the Company or its officials in various legal proceedings.
o Prepare legal pleadings, motions, discovery, stipulations, etc.
o Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
o Provide advice and assistance to management and others as needed.
• Assist with policy violation investigations
• Educate HR Department on proper investigative procedures
• Educate and train manager on legal issues including harassment & discrimination prevention
• Review and revise policies for change in laws as instructed
• Assist General Counsel with transactional matters or other tasks
• Advise on intellectual property matters
• Research points of law and draft legal memos on various issues of law as relevant
• Prepare and organize case research, notes and legal documents
• Draft legal documents like mortgages, contracts and instruments of trust
• Other duties as assigned
• JD required.
• Current member in good standing of the state bar.
• 3-5 years of contracts experience in the technology industry.
• Strong experience working on complex sales deals a must.
• Specific and technical knowledge of contract types, methods and procedures and basic principles of contract law.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be result-oriented with a high level of integrity and honesty.
• Must be able to regularly exercise independent discretion and judgment within defined policies.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
FusionStorm is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.
FusionStorm - 18 months ago