The Administrative Assistant II provides clerical/administrative support to agency staff. Responsibilities include word processing, creating, editing, formatting and producing brochures, reports, office forms and technical papers, greeting customers, spreadsheet application, database management, preparation of educational materials, and events registration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls as appropriate
- Produce word processing documents for program and administrative staff
- Collect, enter and edit data
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all data collected
- Review and assess the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data
- Read and interpret data reports
- Produce documents such as newsletters, brochures, certificates, etc., employing desktop publishing software
- Process class enrollment and program registrations
- Create and maintain organized and up-to-date program and related administrative files and databases
- Maintain adequate physical inventories of publications and non-capital fixed assets
- Operate all basic office equipment; trouble-shoot minor problems or may call the appropriate vendor for more complete repairs
- Arrange meetings
- Prioritize and delegate assignments appropriately
- Identify operational problems, issues, concerns, and possible solutions. Under guidance from Supervisor take appropriate corrective action.
- Participate in team decision-making activities
- At all times act in a professional Customer Service manner including but not limited to business-like demeanor, tactful communications, cooperative, helpful, positive and receptive manner.
- Interact and dialogue frequently with constituents (supervisor, staff, colleagues, community, etc.) to ensure satisfactory performance and needs are being met.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist Cornell Cooperative Extension of Allegany-Cattaraugus Counties in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Allegany-Cattaraugus Counties policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Allegany-Cattaraugus Counties including but not limited to attendance at staff meetings, timely reporting of expenses, working with other staff as a member of the team, and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel
- Demonstrated experience with multiple windows-based software and hardware technologies
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups
Publisher and Access
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel,
confidential and sensitive information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills using traditional tools and electronic technology.
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of integrity, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle
Please note that this is a TEMPORARY Position.
- Ability to plan and organize personal work responsibilities according to priorities developed with the immediate supervisor
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
** Apply online by February 25, 2013. Contact Kimberly at 585-343-3040 x123 with questions. **
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate governmental agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE
Cornell University - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -