The Brandeis communications office is looking for a Digital Content Manager (DCM) to oversee the university website and all other digital communications including social media platforms and mobile. S/he engages with a broad array of internal audiences who contribute to the website and plays a key role in the development of the school’s digital presence to help achieve its communications objectives and build its reputation. This is an eight-month contract position.
Example of Key Responsibilities:
- Oversees Brandeis website and oversees (approves content of other publishers) via content management system (CMS). Updates the home page as needed, assists web editors across the school with production of new content including oversight and approvals. Manages solutions to technical problems that arise. S/he will collaborate closely with the University’s Library and Technology department. Assists in website redesign process and ensures ongoing accuracy, quality, consistency and scalability.
- Manages and provides support for all social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, BrightCove, YouTube, and other future platforms. Collaborates across the school with team members to ensure consistent user experiences and look/feel that reinforces Brandeis brand guidelines.
- Develops or manages development of mobile solution concepts, applications, and mobile website experiences for deployment. Works with outside firms and internal technology resources as necessary to ensure outstanding user experiences.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in educational setting
• Past experience in managing a web redesign as well as social media and mobile
• Experience or education in a range of web-related roles including content development, publishing, and information architecture
• Demonstrated experience with content management systems, HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress or blog software required. Cascade Server experience preferred but not required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to translate between technical and non-technical colleagues is key.
• Proven ability to coordinate projects, establish priorities among multiple simultaneous requests (in consultation with director), meet tight deadlines and multitask. Outstanding people skills and the ability to work both as part of the communications team and independently. Experience with web communications and marketing preferred as well as using blast email tools is a strong plus.
• Past experience in a fast paced, solutions-oriented atmosphere is required. Initiative, energy, leadership, flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a highly decentralized organization and to collaborate across an organization in a fluid, matrix-oriented work culture is preferred.
• This position requires an ability to think creatively, while also understanding the opportunities and constraints presented by technology in developing user solutions.
• Given nature of content being handled, must be able to handle and protect sensitive information
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for "External Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now
Brandeis University operates under an affirmative action plan and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Brandeis University - 19 months ago