EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Temporary Engineering Technical Writer to join our world-class Engineering organization. Based in Boston, the timeline for this contract assignment will run from September 2012 until March 2013.
As a Temporary Engineering Technical Writer, you will write and maintain documentation that will help EnerNOC's Software Engineering team understand EnerNOC’s Demand Response and Energy Efficiency systems. You will work with Product Management, Developers (Java, DB, and User Interface), QA, Application Support and the Network Operations Center (NOC) to learn technical details about the different tiers of EnerNOC's platform and communicate it in a concise and accurate manner. This documentation will provide the team with reference material as well as help train new employees.
• Write technical documents such as user tutorials, overviews, functional guides, and more
• Edit existing technical and architectural documents
• Design and organize documentation sets and templates
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Desire to work in a collaborative, multifaceted environment
• Possess a high degree of flexibility and independence, with the ability to persevere through challenging environments across multiple teams
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Familiarity with web development technologies
• Proven track record of researching and writing excellent documentation for Engineers
• Understanding of Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Flex, etc.
EnerNOC - 11 months ago
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...