The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the VP for Enrollment Management and Student Success which includes coordinating scheduling; handling phone calls and email; greeting guests; aiding in the preparation of reports, presentations and other correspondence; collecting information; conducting research; processing budget requests; assisting in the oversight of the divisional budget; managing on-campus meeting logistics; providing overall administrative support, including word processing, and working collaboratively to support the senior management team.
The Executive Assistant will work independently and with a support team on tasks which may be highly confidential. A working knowledge of FIT’s policies and those of the State University of New York (SUNY) will be an important skill set for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet and assist guests visiting the EMSS office
• Assist callers to the EMSS office and direct calls appropriately
• Collect mail and email correspondence and respond on behalf of the VP or
forward to the appropriate party
• Manage an extensive meeting calendar including scheduling, confirmations and follow-up
• Provide supporting documentation for confirmed meetings, as appropriate
• Exercise judgment and discretion in the oversight of confidential documents
• Manage the division’s budgetary requests via an on-line accounting system
• Assist the VP with the general oversight of the division’s annual budget
• Prepare professional reports and power point presentations for the VP and senior management team
• Provide assistance to FIT students making inquiries or requests
• Confirm space and catering arrangements via an on-line system (25 Live) for internal meetings hosted by the EMSS office
• Work collaboratively with the AVP of Enrollment Management, AVP for Student Development and their administrative support teams in the daily operation of the EMSS office
• Fully participate in the division’s on-going professional development program to ensure an appropriate level of customer service and a student-centered environment
A Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional experience is required, ideally in a higher education setting. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as well as a genuine interest in a customer service approach to their work. Successful candidates must be technologically proficient in all current word processing suites and software applications. Experience working with a student database system is highly preferred. The position requires the candidate to have outstanding organizational skills and the ability to successfully multi-task.
This is a Temporary position expected to last until September 1st, 2013 (or earlier at the discretion of the department).
Salary/Schedule: (95/0) $66,376, Monday through Friday/35 hours a week
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
Fashion Institute of Technology - 17 months ago
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York (SUNY), with...