The temporary Human Resources Manager must thrive in a fast paced environment while multi-tasking & managing multiple projects, ensuring meticulous attention to detail. The Director must be diplomatic & tactful at all times, understand the overall human resources function, be skillful in scanning the environment strategically to identify areas that need attention, and ensure confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information.
I. Lead non-exempt, exempt & technical recruitment-related activities
• Upon receipt of approved Requisition Form, prepare & place employment online subsequent to copy approval by HR Division Director & Hiring Manager;
• Ensure communication of all relevant information so Senior HR Representative can post open, approved positions internally including company email announcements & update job boards;
• To ensure a continuous pipeline of candidates for each open position, proactively recommend strategy and next steps for additional advertising, conduct LinkedIn and Boolean searches to find passive candidates who represent a good match with open positions and build network for future recruiting activities.
• Screen resumes for non-exempt, exempt and technical positions;
• Schedule in-person interviews as well as schedule conference rooms as needed;
• Conduct phone & in person interviews for open positions for non-exempt & exempt positions; collaborate with the Division Director of HR on executive level open positions.
• Update the Recruitment Report on a weekly basis (email and shared HR drive), obtain approval of HR Division Director prior to distribution to Hiring Managers;
• Prepare or revise position descriptions as needed to reflect current job duties;
• Collaborate with Hiring Manager to create phone & in person behavior-based & job relevant interview questions;
• Continually update system in MS Word of interview questions & other recruitment documents for recruitment library;
• Verify professional references within company guidelines for final candidates;
• Manage communication and completion of background check process with vendor for all temporary and regular employees through Sr. HR Representative.
• Manage relationships with temporary agencies including negotiation and maintenance of agreements & partner with agencies to recruit temporary employees.
• Focus on continuous process improvement in recruitment, e.g., identify & analyze trends, make recommendations & discuss with HR Division Director.
HR GENERALIST/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS 40%
II. HR Generalist Work including employee relations
• Manage the new hire orientation process to ensure candidates have a successful on-boarding experience. Partner with cross-functional managers to ensure new employees have the necessary training from various departments such as Facilities, Technical Support and Accounting to set them up for success.
• Advise managers on state and federal laws, and various regulations related to employees;
• Counsel/advise and train employees on company policies and procedures;
• Coach managers to facilitate the annual performance evaluation process to ensure timely and accurate completion of evaluations for non-exempt and exempt employees excluding Division Directors & EMT.
• Support the annual non-exempt performance evaluation process; provide technical assistance with the process to managers with the HR Intranet tool.
• Oversee Workers’ Compensation cases and claims, including direct contact with attorneys, physicians & insurance carriers.
SPECIAL PROJECTS 30%
III. Drive various special projects
• Provide expertise, input, and time for testing as needed for the TMS implementation
• Partner with managers to evaluate telecommuting arrangements, creating agreements in line with company policy & work with managers on communication to employees.
• Support managers with workflow analysis, including evaluating options, creating and implementing project plans.
• Conduct exit interviews.
• Act as first point of contact for EDD.
• Oversee Employee Assistance Program
• Ensure Affirmative Action Plan is updated annually in collaboration with Senior HR Representative with final approval from Division Director of HR.
• Support Division Director of HR with data on corporate initiatives & KPIs.
• Chair Work/Life Committee, including quarterly meetings & oversight of activities, ensuring adherence to annual budget.
• The planning of corporate and HR events, in partnership with the event committee
• Additional special projects as assigned by HR Division Director.
BA in Psychology, HR or related field ideal.
• 5 - 8 years HR Business Partner or HR Manager experience (e.g. recruitment including conducting search activities on LinkedIn & Boolean searches on the Internet, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, etc.)
• Proficiency in recruitment at all levels: e.g. executive, technical, exempt and non-exempt.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010;
• Prior experience with Performance Management System ideal.
• Excellent verbal & written communication & math skills;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking in organizational matters.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: warmth, sensitivity to others, customer service focus in person & on the phone.