The Temporary IP Docketing Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to docketing team members on routine docketing and document management tasks including, but not limited to, the processing of inbound, outbound and internal IP prosecution communications. The IP Docketing Assistant works closely with his/her supervisor, other department managers and supervisors and team members to provide consistent high quality service to both internal and external clients. The IP Docketing Assistant provides back-up to team members when necessary.
1. Demonstrates ability to understand basic IP prosecution concepts and workflow within and across groups in order to successfully perform all job functions.
2. Monitors postal and electronic inboxes for IPRM communications. Reviews, prioritizes, stamps, scans and logs communications. Processes invoices.
3. Assists in ensuring accuracy of digital files by reviewing daily virtual files reports.
4. Assists docketing paralegals to ensure the daily clearing of final deadlines, as needed.
5. Handles file requests.
6. Assists on client and firm projects as needed.
7. Ensures that all tasks carried out are compliant with the firm's policies, processes and procedures.
8. Performs other duties including team coverage, as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good communication, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Able to be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Good attention to detail and able to follow up and follow through.
- Able to work in a collaborative teamwork environment and able to share information.
- Good computer skills.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Able to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-office environment.
- Able to adhere to the firm's policies, procedures and core values.
High School diploma. Good communication skills, able to work collaboratively and take initiative.