POSITION REPORTS TO: Director- Loan Accounting Services
Responsible for researching, analyzing, processing, verifying, and reconciling activity in the General Ledger and processing systems related to new credit actions and contract revisions for loans, leases, and stock. Provide loan accounting support and problem resolution to Association team members and assist with the training of other employees and Loan Accounting Specialists. Provide a consistent level of service that is timely, thorough, and responsive. Work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Process daily activity into the loan accounting system for customers, loans, and stock including new accounts, servicing actions, maintenance, and customer loan relationships. Analyze loan accounting processing requests to ensure conformance with policies, procedures, and standardization; understand and interpret legal documentation and forms for input in the loan accounting system; follow-up with the requestor as necessary. Responsible for the accuracy of customer accounting loan data, determine any necessary corrective action and process accordingly.
2. Provide support for Association team members via the phone, email and Relationship for questions regarding current and historic account information, procedural assistance, the functioning and functionality of the loan accounting system, etc. in a timely manner. Research complex loan accounting requests, provide responses to the requestor in a timely manner, identify and process any necessary corrective activity, and determine the impact of corrective activity on tax reporting, such requests to include rebuilding of loan histories and research for customer and legal requests.
3. Reconcile loan clearing accounts to ensure proper application of funds. Monitor, reconcile, and coordinate the necessary entries to maintain assigned General Ledger accounts.
4. Review daily activity reports; follow up with the appropriate team, and processes any necessary corrective transactions to ensure activity processed as intended.
5. Audit and verify other teammates' processed activities to ensure accuracy, adherence to procedures, and internal controls; identify and explain work requiring corrections to the originator.
6. Assist with the training of new team members and with providing loan accounting training for Association team members
7. Serve as first line of support for systems where the team is the business owner; provide assistance in the development and execution of user acceptance testing cases. Recommend process and procedural changes.
8. Process adjustments in the loan accounting system for IRS 1098 and 1099 reporting and notify appropriate team member of the impact on the tax system.
9. Assist with processing daily cash activity as required and balance activity entered to the deposit ticket.
LEVEL 18: Incumbents will perform above responsibilities as well as specialize in one of the following areas:
o Special Accounts – Analyze and process activity for Special Accounts loans and leases including accelerations, transfers to and from stop accrual, and restructures. Process and monitor acquired property activity including preparing the monthly report of acquired property inventory. Assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
o Customer Tax Reporting - Coordinate the Association’s customer IRS tax reporting functions to include understanding of reporting requirements and the tax system, entry and reconciliation of the tax data, processing of corrections, final reporting to the IRS, preparation of manual tax forms, and assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
o Credit Bureau Reporting – Coordinate the Associations’ credit bureau reporting activity to include responding to credit bureau corrections and customer disputes, credit bureau corrections in the Association systems, and assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
o Country Home Loans – Review the legal documents, reconcile the monetary activity, and book CHL portfolio and secondary market loans; review the CHL clearing accounts on a regular basis to ensure outstanding balances are cleared in a timely manner; and assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
o AgriBuy Card Support – Coordinate the Associations’ ordering of the AgriBuy Card with assigned vendor. Reconcile monthly AgriBuy activity with monthly ACH from vendor. Serve as liason between retail offices and vendor on any customer disputes, including lost/stolen cards, disputed transactions, closed accounts and the reissuing of AgriBuy cards.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Level 17: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. One to three years related experience in a commercial lending environment. Experience and/or understanding of agriculture preferred.
Level 18: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. One to three years related experience in a commercial lending environment. Experience and/or understanding of agriculture preferred. Consistently specialize in one or more of the above specialty areas.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and organize work activities
- Excellent human relations, communications, and customer service skills
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of loan, lease and/or General Ledger accounting including working knowledge of interest accruals, loan amortization methods, debits, credits, and balance sheet structure
- Understanding of IRS 1098 and 1099 tax reporting requirements.
- In-depth understanding of Association procedures (including team procedures; AOP, SI, and Credit Manuals), products, and services
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills to determine appropriate actions to take
- Ability to appropriately handle highly sensitive and/or confidential information
- Self starter and ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to handle large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
All levels of Association employees; daily contact with retail offices. Occasional contact with external FCSAmerica customers; accountants; external auditors, and regulators.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract, or change duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Understands and uses computer technology related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the job. Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Limited overnight travel and irregular hours required.
- Ability to identify errors or inconsistencies in numerical data and calculations and to correct them.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions on calculator pad for extended periods of time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...