LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL? |
A job with AT&T as an Outside Plant Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicle and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
This position is a temporary full-time position.
Our Outside Plant Technicians work both inside and outside to test and repair equipment and services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Outside Plant Technician:
- Place aerial and underground copper and fiber cable
- Perform various jobs with copper splicing and assist in fiber splicing
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations
- Work with heavy duty power equipment and small tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities
In addition to possessing strong communication skills, our Outside Plant Technicians must:
- Possess a valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record
- Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
- Perceive differences in wire and cable colors
- Climb poles up to 18 feet high, climb ladders and work aloft with hand tools
- Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
- Work outside in all kinds of weather
- Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
- Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
- Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
- Obtain satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
- Qualify on pre-employment screening:
Basic Electricity Test
Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE)
Test study guides can be found at: http://att.jobs/test-guides.aspx .
For additional training on Basic Electricity, visit: www.att.jobs/academy .
AT&T - 13 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...