POSTING TYPE: External
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Open Spaces
HOURS: Typically 7:00 am – 3:30 pm M-F
Additional shifts and some weekend opportunities also available.
HIRING RANGE: $9.50 per hour
LOCATION: Various throughout Dakota County Park System
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013
Performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks, which may involve use of vehicles, hand and power tools in the maintenance department, and minor repair of buildings, park recreational areas, and other facilities. Work is normally performed under supervision.
. Must be 18 yrs or older at time of hire
. Must possess a valid driver's license
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Previous Park Maintenance experience desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Usually works under supervision, but may provide work direction to others for limited time in general work tasks.
2. Assists in maintaining park facilities, grounds, trails, beaches, campgrounds and equipment.
3. Keeps grounds and facilities neat, clean, safe and sanitary.
4. Does basic landscape work.
5. Uses tools required to perform assigned tasks in a safe, efficient manner.
6. Reports violation of County Parks ordinance to immediate supervisor.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
· Ability to work outdoors year round under all weather conditions.
· Some mechanical ability.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Some knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions. Driving is required. Lifting requirement up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Requires frequent bending, stooping and climbing.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 10 months ago