The Special Events Coordinator will serve as an active member of the Lynne Parks '68 SUNY Cortland Alumni House team. The 15,000 sq. ft. mansion offers charming accommodations with elegant lodging, lavish gathering rooms, and exquisite gardens to accommodate all social and business events. The special events coordinator will work with a team of event interns under the direction and guidance of the General Manager.
Major Responsibilities and/or Classes to be taught
- Assist with the staffing of on-site events.
- Maintain positive relationships with guests.
- Assist and coordinate pre-event setup and post-event breakdown.
- Assist with the design layout for all events held at the Parks Alumni House.
- Delegate roles and assignments to team members and Event Captains.
- Ensure events and social occasions run smoothly and exceed the high standards and tradition of delivering a fine experience.
- Enhance and protect the exceptional historic facilities and amenities.
- Maintain upon a high standard of management and service.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- At least 2 years of event management experience
- A strong understanding of hospitality operations.
- Can lift between 50-75 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience in managing and motivating a staff.
- Well developed organizational skills with a solid orientation to detail.
- A self-starter with a strong ability to multitask.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
- Strong verbal skills.
- College degree in hotel management.
- Experience with planning and executing large scale events (100 people plus).
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Application Types Accepted
FACULTY POSITIONS ONLY - How many recommendation letters will be required by the applicant?
State University of New York, Cortland - 23 months ago