The Program Coordinator coordinates the Community Bridges Fellowship Program, a Kinder Institute program. The coordinator must have a thorough understanding of the fellowship program and will be responsible for working with various entities to coordinate the fellow's schedules and evaluate their performance.
This is a temporary, full-time, benefits eligible position. The appointment will commence August 2013 and end April 2014.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Related experience, including at least one year of experience working as a Community Bridges Fellow
Bachelor's degree (by May 2013) and at least one year of experience working as a Community Bridges Fellow (student experience is acceptable).
Must possess (or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid Texas driver's license with no more than three moving violations and/or at fault accidents within the past 36 months, and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.
Other Skills Required
- Excellent command of the English language/grammar, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work, keep track of multiple deadlines, and follow through on several tasks at one time, often with little supervision.
- Effectively uses discretion and good judgment when handling issues related to students.
Bachelor's degree (completed by May 2013).
Bachelor's degree from Rice University.
Experience in an academic setting and in program management.
Experience in managing a small budget.
Other Skills Preferred
- Proficient in the operations of general office equipment including personal computers and related software.
- Presents a professional demeanor, enthusiasm, positive and helpful personality, and relates well and establishes good relationships with faculty, students, and staff.
- Ability to remain flexible and open-minded when dealing with a variety of different types of personalities and changing priorities.
Some lifting of boxes.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Goal-oriented, outcome-focused work environment that may become stressful during peak workload.
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 18 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...