*****6 Month Temporary Assignment *****
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated is a global biotechnology company committed to the discovery and development of breakthrough small molecule drugs for serious diseases. Vertex's product pipeline is focused on viral diseases, cystic fibrosis, inflammation, autoimmune diseases, cancer, and pain.
We are seeking a Temporary Research Scientist to join our Drug Innovation team for 6 month temporary assignment.
The ideal candidate will be an organic chemist with excellent synthetic skills. The primary objective will be to develop structure activity relationships in hit-to-lead programs. Strong structure identification and communication skills are required.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree)in Organic Chemistry and 0-3 years of relevant post-doctoral employment experience, or
- Master's degree (or equivalent degree)in Chemistry and 3+ years of relevant employment experience, or
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent degree)in Chemistry and 6+ years of relevant employment experience
- Demonstrated excellent synthetic skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Embody the Vertex Core Values of Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Innovation is our Lifeblood and We Wins
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
BioSpace.com - 9 months ago