To make a positive contribution as a member of a reset team responsible for completing multiple grocery store section resets. This is a temporary position created to support special, non-reoccurring projects. Your team will be supporting the division’s merchandising efforts in a manner consistent with Kroger’s Customer 1st Strategy and P.L. Marketing, Inc.
Required Availability and Work Hours:
· Must be able to report to work at 8 hours each work day
· Workdays will last approximately between 7am concluding around 4 pm
· Workweek will be Monday through Thursday
· Must be available to work from March 31 through June 30 without exception
· Worksites will vary within a designated geographic area
· You will need reliable personal transportation (public transit not always available)
Essential Job Functions:
· Ensure you maintain a safe working environment at all times that is clean and organized
· Break down designated grocery store sections in an orderly manner.
· Keep track of merchandise as it is removed from grocery store shelves.
· Clean and re-position shelves as needed to accurate measurements.
· Return merchandise according to an updated schematic diagram of the section.
· Take proper care of merchandise to prevent damage and maximize efficiencies.
· Maintain an environment that allows customers to shop with minimal disruption.
· Demonstrate a high level of teamwork at all times.
· Follow direction and provide updates to your team’s supervisors and store management.
· Comply with the guidelines established for the reset team, especially those regarding timeliness, productivity, teamwork, communication and clocking in/out guidelines.
· Must be able to perform essential job function of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Communicate (read, write and speak) fluent English
· Learn to read, understand, and implement plan-o-grams
· Capability to collaborate with others and contribute effectively to a team
· Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
Minimum Physical Abilities:
Must be able to:
· Remain standing and/or walking unassisted for several hours at a time
· Lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds
· Continuously bend up and down, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility
· Lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly
· Have unlimited manual dexterity
· Tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees.)
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
· Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Customer Focus – Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger
· Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
· Self-Starter – Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
· Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.