To make a positive contribution as a member of a reset team responsible for completing multiple grocery store section resets. This is a temporary position created to support special, non-reoccurring projects. Your team will be supporting the division's merchandising efforts in a manner consistent with Kroger's Customer 1st Strategy and P.L. Marketing, Inc.
Required Availability and Work Hours:
* Must be able to report to work at approximately 7:00am each workday
* Workdays will last approximately 8 hours, concluding around 3:00pm
* Workweek will be Monday through Friday
* Project will begin September 19, 2013 trhoguh October 11, 2013 (subject to change without notice)
* Worksites will vary within a designated geographic area
* You will need reliable personal transportation (public transit not always available)
Minimum Physical Abilities, must be able to:
- remain standing and/or walking unassisted for several hours at a time
- lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds
- continuously bend up and down, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility
- lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly
- have unlimited manual dexterity
- tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees.)
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Be 18 years of age or older.
* Communicate (read, write and speak) fluent English.
* Learn to read, understand, and implement plan-o-grams.
* Capability to collaborate with others and contribute effectively to a team.
* Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
* Ensure you maintain a safe working environment at all times that is clean and organized.
* Break down designated grocery store sections in an orderly manner.
* Keep track of merchandise as it is removed from grocery store shelves.
* Clean and re-position shelves as needed to accurate measurements.
* Return merchandise according to an updated schematic diagram of the section.
* Take proper care of merchandise to prevent damage and maximize efficiencies.
* Maintain an environment that allows customers to shop with minimal disruption.
* Demonstrate a high level of teamwork at all times.
* Follow direction and provide updates to your team’s supervisors and store management.
* Must be able to perform essential job function of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
* Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Customer Focus – Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
* Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
* Self Starter – Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
* Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
P.L. Marketing, Inc. - 14 months ago