POSTING TYPE: Open Competitive
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Open Spaces
PAY RANGE: $8.75 - $9.00 /hour
LOCATION: Lebanon Hills Visitor Center, Eagan
CLOSE DATE: Open until filled
The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding customer service for the Dakota County Parks, specifically in the areas of visitor services at Lebanon Hills Visitor Center, equipment rental operation, and outdoor education so that the customer can enjoy and explore the vast Dakota County Park system.
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
· Driver's License
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Provide high-level customer service to ensure visitors receive accurate and appropriate information in a welcoming and timely manner.
2. Greet and interact with customers at assigned locations and facilities. Quickly and competently facilitate their rental equipment reservation process, concession sales, and ski passes.
3. Operate and maintain the Visitor Center and rental operation consistent with the vision of the Visitor Center. Keep work area, public area and equipment clean, orderly and free from hazards.
4. Operate the rental equipment operation including assisting customers with canoes, kayaks, and fishing equipment.
5. Provide general instruction, information and education in the use of rental equipment and related outdoor recreation skills. Provide trail, park and education information to customers answering questions appropriately.
6. Perform necessary daily maintenance on rental equipment including but not limited, canoes, kayaks, fishing equipment, etc.
7. Accurately complete all paperwork including rental agreements, incident reports, daily logs.
8. Assist customers renting park facilities for meetings, retreats, and weddings.
9. Use computerized rental equipment software and Microsoft Office applications.
10. Follow cash handling and daily record keeping procedures.
11. Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
· Continuous high level of customer service.
· Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of audiences.
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic specifically about the outdoors.
· Proven ability to work well with others.
· Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays).
· Familiarity with Microsoft Windows computer applications.
· Money handling experience preferred.
· Knowledge of outdoor equipment (canoes, kayaks) preferred.
· Knowledge of natural history and outdoor recreation preferred.
· Willing to learn and perform other duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed inside and outside County buildings. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of walking, standing, crouching, or riding over rough, uneven, swampy, or rocky terrain. There may be intermittent exposure to varied weather conditions on the worksite that occasionally necessitates the use of rain gear, gloves, etc. This position may involve driving a County vehicle and lifting up to 50 pounds.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435
(contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard