The position that will be completing software development projects related to our plant-wide traceability system (Valor). This person will participate as a technical resource on business projects responsible for achieving ROI.
The person in this role will spend the majority of their time developing reports for the shop floor, creating tools to assist with materials management, and integrating the traceability system to automate, simplify, and error-proof processes. To be successful the candidate must be self motivated and a quick learner, possess good communication skills, have a positive attitude, and be able work independently but be a team player.
Basic Background Requirements
This position will require:
1. Key Performance Objectives
- Knowledge of shop floor control and ERP systems
- Be able to work through the software development life cycle using Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of data base systems: Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Familiar with business and manufacturing processes
- Experience with front & backend software development using .NET 4.0+
- The ability to work with all levels of the organization (Operators, engineers, leadership)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Helpful, but not required is an engineering degree or other technical training
Short Term: (0 to 3 months)
Midterm: (3 to 6 months)
- Documenting systems in use at KEJ
- Develop reports to streamline material handling processes
- Develop reports to access and deliver business information
- Participate in system upgrade(s)
Other (ad hoc priorities):
- Working through project backlog
- Setup test / lab environment
- Integrate bug tracking / help desk into IT processes
- Participate in FDA validation of system
- Participate in establishing software development best practices and methodologies.
- Source control
- Agile software development
- Continuous integration and test
- Identify and lead improvement in the software development processes.
Our Share Owners , Kimball is committed to providing Our Share Owners an excellent return on their investment. Profits are the ultimate...