Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Nutrition and BASE
Pay Type: Yearly
Hours Per Week: 30
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 15.63
Max Rate: $ 23.14
SUMMARY: Leads and manages two or more elementary school kitchens, including all aspects of food preparation and serving, personnel management, scheduling and training. Develops and promotes good customer relations by responding to comments and complaints regarding Nutrition Services. Also, promotes and maintains good relationships with school staff. Monitors and assures compliance to Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures, and all applicable state and federal regulations. Monitors revenues and expenditures to meet district financial expectations. May direct breakfast programs.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Schedules, supervises, directs, monitors and assists assigned personnel with timely preparation and serving of high quality, safe menu items, cashiering and cleanup in multiple schools. Gives and documents performance feedback as needed and completes performance evaluations appropriate for all subordinate personnel.
2. Monitors and assures compliance with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations in multiple schools.
3. Maintains inventory of supplies, including ordering, receiving, storage, and rotation of stock of multiple schools.
4. Accurately maintains and reviews all kitchen financial records, including deposits, profit and loss sheets, inventories, assorted forms, and other reports of multiple schools.
5. Delivers and documents orientation and on-the-job training to all subordinate kitchen personnel in multiple schools.
6. Coordinates and resolves issues with principals, school staff, parents and Nutrition Services central office.
7. Oversees approval of free and reduced meal applications.
8. Follows special menus, meal promotions and marketing plans.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Recommended attendance at the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) summer workshops every five years.
• Three (3) years experience in a large volume food service operation.
• More than two years as a single unit manager or an assistant kitchen manager in a multiple unit preferred.
• Successful completion of Assistant Manager Trainee Program.
• Recommended to attend American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) annual conference every five years.
• District Classified Evaluation System, District Facilitating Improved Performance, District Progressive Discipline, District Conflict Management, and District Interviewing & Hiring Courses required within one year after entering position.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• American Dietetic Association Registration as Dietetic Technician preferred.
• Valid Colorado Drivers License or ability to constantly travel among schools.
• Level 1 ASFSA Certification within three years of entering position preferred.
• Must obtain, and thereafter maintain, Serve Safe Certification through ASFSA within one year of entering position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Basic math skills and ability to apply weights, measures and amounts in recipes. Must have ability to make change.
• Proficient knowledge of commercial food preparation and equipment.
• Extensive ability to lead, resolve conflict, team build, organize and work with others.
• Proficient ability to maintain records and files.
• Basic computer skills to include proficiency in the department’s POS, inventory and ordering computer programs, e-mail and web site navigation.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Large volume food production, serving and sanitizing equipment.
• Basic kitchen utensils including knives, slicers, thermometers and cleaning agents.
• Normal office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copier, fax, phone system, and email.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard