POSTING TYPE: External
HOURS: Varied Temp Seasonal Work
HIRING RANGE: $11.50 to $12.00 per hour DOQ
LOCATION: Various upon assignment
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2013
Seasonal/temporary positions (approximately 3-4 month duration) in the Transportation Department. These positions are responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled to skilled tasks, which are in the traffic engineering area.
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning or evening hours.
· Completion of one year of college education in an engineering related program at an accredited college
· Valid driver's license
· An equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Previous experience in technical traffic engineering or related engineering work.
· Previous experience using transportation related manuals and/or software such as MnMUTCD, Highway Capacity, Synchro, VISSIM, Rodel
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Collect, analyze, and prepare traffic engineering information and reports including crash history, intersection control assessments, and traffic counts.
2. Enter traffic engineering data into computer software programs and perform support traffic analysis using transportation related software.
3. Assist traffic department as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties 1 -3 are essential functions as well as regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
· Ability to operate computer systems and skill in the use of software including MicroSoft Excel, Word, and Access.
· Strong skills in mathematics.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: No special physical effort, strength, stamina, skill, or training is needed to meet this level. Some of the work is sedentary or may involve some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items; or involves driving vehicles with automatic transmissions over paved roads. Assignments may require visits to outdoor sites and movement over rough and uneven surfaces to execute and/or observe operations.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 17 months ago