POSTING TYPE: External
HOURS: Varied Temp Seasonal Work
HIRING RANGE: $11.50 to $12.00 per hour DOQ
LOCATION: Various upon assignment
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013
Seasonal/temporary positions (approximately 3-4 month duration) in the Transportation Department. These positions are responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled to skilled tasks, which are in the traffic area.
This position may work nights throughout the summer as needed or directed.
- High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
PREFERRED EDUCATION BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- College or technical school engineering or electrical coursework
- Previous highway traffic experience
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Work with paint striping, sign installation, and maintenance crews, which may require the operation of small equipment.
2. Assist traffic department as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties 1 - 3 are essential functions as well as regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed outdoors in Dakota County. This position requires the ability to work outdoors in all weather and the ability to perform strenuous physical tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate computer systems and software including MicroSoft Excel, Word, and Access.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)