POSTING TYPE: External
HOURS: Varied Temporary Seasonal Work
HIRING RANGE: $11.50 to $12.00 /hour DOQ
LOCATION: Empire Township/Rosemount
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013
Seasonal/temporary positions (approximately 3-4 month duration) in the Transportation Department working with Construction and Land Surveying groups. These positions are responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled to skilled tasks in construction staking, land surveying, materials testing, and inspection.
· High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
· Valid driver's license
PREFERRED EDUCATION BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· College or technical school with civil engineering or surveying coursework
· Previous transportation construction engineering experience
· Previous land surveying experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Assist construction survey crew.
2. Assist Survey Office with surveying including: topography surveys, boundary surveys and maintaining the public land survey system.
3. Assist with inspections of Transportation Construction projects including roads, bridges, and trails.
4. Assist with soil, aggregate, bituminous and concrete inspection.
5. Keep records of materials, measure quantities, and perform calculations.
6. Perform field and lab sampling and testing of materials including aggregate, concrete, and bituminous.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties 1 - 6 are essential functions as well as regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed outdoors in Dakota County. This position requires the ability to work outdoors in all weather and the ability to perform strenuous physical tasks on a daily basis.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 13 months ago