- Under supervision, evaluates and applies standard planning concepts, principals and practices. The planner shall comply with the Government planning standards, criteria and procedures when preforming urban planning responsibilities.
- Prepares planning products including site plans, constraint evaluations, explosive safety site plans, and carries out instructions on other planning related tasks.
- Helps organize, write, format and maintain various long range urban planning products such as comprehensive master plans, land use plans, area development plans, as well as environmental, transportation, and infrastructure plans. This includes coordinating and facilitation diverse group discussions of planning efforts.
- Helps enforce current site plan restrictions, criteria, standards and procedures.
- Executes Master Planning and Space Allocation/Utilization studies by gathering information and conduction pertinent surveys; querying, compiling and organizing of applicable date into a complete document.
- Preforms excavation permit administrator duties that are required to input and process the permits, as well as, preforms excavation permit reviews, approvals and field verification checks.
- May be required to support the ISC Directorate Facility Utilization Manager/Move Coordinator.
- May be required to maintain and update the ISC space allocation database.
- May be required to provide asistance to the Space Utilization drafters and facility analysts with necessary field or database work.
- May be required to help identify and update room placard information.
- Candidate must be able to preform fieldwork as required to include reading maps and aerial photographs. Candidate must be able to drive off road in a government furnished 4wd vehicle and navigate using a map. Must be able to walk long distances and be comfortable in non-urban environments.
- Preforms other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Maintains work are in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Preforms in compliance with Federal, State, local and NASA, laws regulation and requirements. In addition, must preform within the contractual requirements relating to the business of this Branch.
- Bachelor's degree in planning or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience. Equivalent education/experience may be applicable.
- Should have a minimal knowledge of reading design engineering drawings and specifications for basic tasks.
- Must possess good working knowledge of common office software such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Familiarity and knowledge of ESRI Arcview and CAD software a plus.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Must possess the ability to make sound/routine, independent decisions based on working knowledge of general principles, company and corporate procedures, goals and priorities.
- Will be required to possess information that is business confidential.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Dynamac Corporation - 20 months ago