The Loss Management Specialist is responsible for handling the collection of accounts and recovering monies owed the Credit Union in accordance with Credit Union policies and philosophy. The types of accounts include, but are not limited to, credit card, home equity, auto, consumer, returned deposits and charge-offs.
1. Ability to present a professional image to members, co-workers, and outside contacts.
2. Detail oriented, with good organizational skills.
3. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
4. Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
5. Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
6. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
7. Ability to work well under deadlines.
8. Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
1. Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
2. Vision and hearing (or corrected) to normal range.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum two years' experience in collections.
3. Previous experience with real estate foreclosures and legal collections preferred.
4. Experience in telephone collections and skip tracing.
Boeing Employees' Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA*
BECU - 2 years ago
BECU is a not-for profit credit union owned by members. With more than 850,000 members and more than $12.0 billion in assets, BECU is the...