The City of Vancouver, Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Customer Service Helper in a temporary capacity, which limits employees to 1040 hours per year. The position serves as the first point of contact for customers visiting the Vancouver Tennis Center.
Before applying, please note that you must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check.
Customer Service Helper is a temporary, seasonal position.
The candidate for this position must be able to:
- Perform cashiering duties and receipt funds for the City of Vancouver recreation customers;
- Provide assistance on the telephone and in person to customers;
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times;
- Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of the City of Vancouver with those contacted in the course of work;
- Provide general information to customers on City policies and procedures;
- Refer calls to appropriate department and/or City personnel;
- Enter customer information on computers and other related information;
- Operate modern office equipment including: computers, copiers and fax machines;
- Perform various tasks such as: maintaining cash drawers, preparing daily cash reports and deposits and registering participants using the software Class Registration;
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required;
- Knowledge of tennis and/or racquetball experience is desired.
The candidate for this position shall have:
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade;
- Stable and verifiable work history;
- A record of regular and dependable attendance;
- A professional, well-groomed appearance;
- People skills, outgoing, strong communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
Education and Experience:
- Cash handling;
- Customer service;
- Enthusiastic people skills and clear communication;
- Problem solving skills;
- Front desk procedures and equipment.
The ideal candidate would be someone with cash handling experience. One year of customer service experience including the maintenance of customer files or other records and/or general cashiering. Training in basic customer relations techniques including effective handling of upset customers and customer follow through.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to a diverse group of people. Builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
Process Management Skills: Good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and projects. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
Multi-tasking/Priority Setting: Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Be efficient, thorough and organized to make the best use of time. Effectively handle a number of competing priorities.
- Problem solving skills
- Confident in asking questions for assistance
Detail Oriented: Able to pay considerable attention to detail. Accomplishing tasks with thorough consideration for all areas involved, no matter how small; showing interest for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
Team Player: Builds constructive and effective relationships. Recognizes and respects all members of the team. Is a good listener and good at eliciting information from a wide range of people.
- Honest, fair, accountable;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Admit mistakes;
- Seeks constructive feedback;
Work and act as a team player in all interactions with other city employees; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others; and, consistently provide quality service.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.
TOBACCO FREE/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
City of Vancouver - 7 months ago
The City of Vancouver is committed to providing opportunities for citizens to get involved throughout the city. Throughout the year, we acce...