The individual in this part-time position will work a maximum of 1040 total hours in a rolling month period. Hours may vary from 1-20 hours a week; schedules may vary weekly, depending on need.
The candidate for this position must be able to:
- Respond to basic public inquiries regarding program information;
- Advise participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate;
- Utilize proper safety precautions in all aspects of the job;
- Develop positive public relations;
- Assist in providing a safe program and environment for participants and staff;
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as necessary.
The candidate for this position shall have:
- The ability to interact well with a diverse group of program participants;
- Read, write and follow instructions;
- Successfully pass a criminal background check;
- Successfully pass employment references.
Individuals are expected to work in a manner consistent with the City of Vancouver’s Operating Principles; specifically: Work and act as a team player in all interactions with other city employees; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others; and, consistently provide quality service.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.
TOBACCO FREE/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
City of Vancouver - 18 months ago