The Tenancy Supportive Services Manager is responsible for managing all supportive services provided to NC Supportive Housing Program participants and supervising the supportive services staff. The Manager ensures compliance with the Program Administrative Plan and all established internal policies and procedures. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring effective and efficient working relationships with DHHS and all operating partners.
- Supervises a team of specialists performing all tasks related to supportive services for participants of the NC Supportive Housing Program. Responsible for staff compliance with all relevant program policy, DHHS requirements as outlined in the contract between DHHS and Quadel Consulting, and internal policies, procedures, and processes. Services to be provided to participants include but are not limited to:
- Assist the tenant with all move-in activities
- Provide instruction and assistance to aid tenants in the development and engagement of a positive social network
- Provide orientation to the apartment during the early days of occupancy, including instruction on cooking and cleaning, smart thermostat usage, grocery and general shopping,
- Provide instruction for reporting any necessary maintenance issues and determining the level of urgency required
- Provide instruction to manage any income level increases without violating leases
- Provide instruction on sorting, organizing and processing mail (incoming and outgoing) and proper bill payment
- Provide instruction and assistance to aid tenants in developing positive relationships with neighbors
- Assist tenants with communicating with landlords and abiding by the terms of the lease and the program rules.
- Coordinates activities with the subsidy administrator housing specialists and inspectors, DHHS Regional Coordinators; develops and maintains positive and effective working relationships; and communicate frequently and provide excellent customer service. Provide training on various aspects of the PBV program as appropriate.
- Works with Managing Director and staff to establish procedures, processes and solutions to accomplish the established objectives of the program and meet all DHHS and internal performance requirements. Ensures the implementation of adopted program policies and procedures. Recommends innovative process improvements, recommends appropriate Administrative Plan revisions, drafts and implements new and up-dated procedures as necessary.
- Ensures that staff are appropriately trained and equipped to perform their assigned responsibilities. Provide training and orientation for new employees and refresher training for existing staff in all program areas, fair housing and reasonable accommodation, software and QCC policies and procedures.
- Creates a healthy working environment that results high performing work group and low staff turnover; interviews and recommends hires when vacancies do occur.
- Establishes performance standards, regularly monitors individual productivity, quality and customer service; holds staff accountable; provides staff with frequent feedback as to their performance; and conducts annual employee performance reviews. Monitors performance management reports.
- Responsible for the maintenance of tenant files with complete required records following established file protocol, and entry of required and accurate data into the tracking software in use for this program.
- Coordinates with other work groups/staff to ensure timely and efficient service to program applicants and participants, and to property owners and managers, making customer services a high priority.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Psychology, Public or Business Administration or a closely related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Six years progressively responsible experience in the administration or management of human services delivery program.
- At least five years in a supervisory position, including three years in senior management.
- Experience with programs that provide housing assistance and supportive services to the homeless and persons with disability, especially experience with people with serious mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and manage data; intermediate or better skills with Excel Spreadsheet.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a car in working order, and the flexibility for some travel statewide in order to provide training, supervision, and monitoring of supportive services staff.
Quadel Consulting - 24 months ago