The Tenant Coordinator (TC) reports to the Property Manager (PM) and works directly with the Assistant Property Manager (APM), Chief Engineer (CE) and Lead Engineer (LE), providing support as needed to all team members. It is the responsibility of the TC not only to exhibit exceptional client service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, vendors and team members, but also to focus on productivity and results. The TC is expected to assist the PM and APM in the implementation and administration of policies, procedures and programs on a day-to-day basis that will assure that all projects are well managed. This role is pivotal to the success of our operations.
Tenant/Building Administration Duties
- Prepare new tenant package including all forms, informational memos.
- Set up new and maintain existing tenant lease files, including Lease Abstract.
- Answer all tenant requests (either by phone or email) and enter into Corrigo for work orders to maintenance staff.(Make certain tenants receive attention in appropriate timeframe.)
- Update tenant contact information into Corrigo.
- Maintain updated monthly Tenant Parking Schedule and distribute to PM and parking operator.
- Maintain updated monthly Janitorial S.F. Report and distribute to PM and janitorial company.
- Coordinate with Security & Parking to issue all new building tenant keys and access cards as per request by tenant. Update Security Access Card list and bill tenants accordingly.
- Maintain key log and key box.
- Print or order new signage requested by Tenants or needed for new tenants to the Building.
- Maintain current certificate of insurance log for all tenants and vendors. Track expiration dates and make sure that new certificates of insurance are issued on time.
- Track monthly utility meter readings for back-charged utilities to specific tenants, bill accordingly.
- Coordinate use and reservations of Building Conference Room by Tenants.
- Code invoices for the building.
- Enter invoices into Timberline for payment for all building expenses.
- Track budget –vs- actual costs for operating expenses (i.e. one-time projects, tenant improvements, capital improvements).
- Insure that expenses are paid in month budgeted.
General Administrative Duties
- Print rent invoices and assist APM in review of all tenant rent invoices and make corrections as needed.
- Distribute all rent invoices to tenants.
- Process rent checks – prepare and send deposits to Lock Box.
- Assist APM with posting deposits into Yardi to tenant accounts.
- Prepare miscellaneous billings to tenants as needed.
- Compose and type correspondence and memos.
- Maintain all tenant vendor, lease files.
- Open Property Management Office (by or before 8 am) and close office (at 5 pm or later), turn equipment on/off, lock/unlock all doors.
- Answer all incoming calls by third ring.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Send/distribute all faxes appropriately.
- Maintain postage meter; replenish as needed.
- Sign for deliveries and distribute appropriately.
- Open, sort and distribute mail appropriately.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Keep waiting area, kitchen and conference room clean throughout the day.
- Responsible for all aspects of the office furniture and equipment.
- Keep all notices, lists, etc. in office current.
- Compose and type correspondence and memos.
- Maintain all tenant and vendor files.
- Excellent attendance is a requirement of the position
- Assist PM and APM with preparation of annual budget as directed.
- Assist PM and APM with preparation of annual operating expense and tax escrows/reconciliations.
- Assist APM in coordinating various tenant events in the Building.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Must have intermediate to advanced MS WORD and Excel proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Facility with financial issues and programs ~Yardi, Idysys preferred.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential
- Relationship Skills – Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with owners, tenants and coworkers; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with RMR objectives.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Able to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and changes; results oriented, detail oriented and accurate.
- Decision Making Skill – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- An assessment will be administered for computer, communications and accounting skills.
A detailed list of the position responsibilities has been developed so that expectations are clearly communicated. However, it is rarely possible to provide a list that will capture all possible projects and assignments. Additional duties may be added or removed.
Team members are expected to assist with additional assignments that may be requested by direct supervisors and to take initiative in lending assistance to other members of the team. This position is required to function as a strong support to the Property Manager and Assistant Property Manager.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research
- 2 years ago - save job