The Tenant Coordinator (TC) reports to the Property Managers (PM) and works directly with the Assistant Property Managers (APM), Chief Engineers (CE) and Building Engineers (BE), providing support as needed to all team members. It is the responsibility of the TC not only to exhibit exceptional client service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, vendors and team members, but also to focus on productivity and results. The TC is expected to assist the PMs and APMs in the implementation and administration of policies, procedures and programs on a day-to-day basis that will assure that all projects are well managed and executed. This role is pivotal to the success of our operations.
Tenant/Building Administration Duties
General Administrative Duties
- Coordinates all incoming tenant requests for services: logs requests, assesses nature/urgency of request/problem, and determines priority and billable status; initiates action. Follows up to ensure completion.
- Serves as a liaison between property management and engineering.
- Updates tenant and vendor contact lists; distributes to property manager and maintenance staff.
- Maintains updated list of building access cards and parking passes for all tenants and staff.
- Distributes certificates of insurance to the appropriate field member for review.
- Maintain tenant handbook.
- Assist with coordinating new tenant orientation meetings.
- Organizes and plans all tenant appreciation events and marketing collateral orders.
- Manages all Corrigo work order upgrades, administration, and reporting.
- Assist with calculations and tracking of all utility related tenant bill backs.
- Compose and distribute correspondence and memos relating to building services and operations.
- Print or order new signage requested by Tenants or needed for new tenants to the building.
- Assist with the organization of documents for presentation manuals of the annual budget reviews.
- Assist with coding invoices for the buildings, when needed.
- Maintain emergency procedure guidelines including list of employees requiring assistance and emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- Greet all visitors in a friendly manner.
- Compose and type correspondence and memos.
- Maintain all tenant, vendor, and lease files.
- Open, sort and distribute mail appropriately.
- Answer all incoming calls by third ring.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Send/distribute all faxes appropriately.
- Sign for deliveries and distribute appropriately.
- Maintain postage meter; replenish as needed.
- Sign for deliveries and distribute appropriately.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Excellent attendance is a requirement of the position
A detailed list of the position responsibilities has been developed so that expectations are clearly communicated. However, it is rarely possible to provide a list that will capture all possible projects and assignments. Additional duties may be added or removed.
Team members are expected to assist with additional assignments that may be requested by direct supervisors and to take initiative in lending assistance to other members of the team.
- Bachelors degree - Minimum GPA: 3.0
- One to two years experience in the real estate industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results driven environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- An assessment will be administered for computer and communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel proficiencies.
- Experience with financial issues and programs a plus ~Yardi, Idysys preferred.
- Relationship Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with owners, tenants and coworkers; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with RMR objectives.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Able to allocate ones time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results oriented, detail oriented and accurate.
- Decision Making Skills - Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) is a real estate investment trust (REIT). As of December 31, 2008, HPT, directly and through...