Rock Creek Park Tennis Center surrounds William H.G. Fitzgerald Tennis Stadium, home of the Citi Open, an ATP Tour Event. The facility has a total of 25 outdoor tennis courts: 15 hard courts and 10 clay courts. Five indoor courts are heated and available during the winter season.
We are now looking for Tennis Camp Counselors!
The Tennis Camp Counselor will be responsible for providing group leadership, supervision; guiding and teaching tennis lessons for children or students who take part in the summer tennis camp activity.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Teach 4-5 hours of group lessons (Five to Six campers in group) M-F as instructed by Junior Tennis Director. Possible aftercare for 1-2 hours (3-4 PM or 3-5 PM) M-F.
- Counselors assist in the planning, coordinating, supervision, and running of the day time activities.
- Complete accurate records and reports. Maintain attendance records.
- Submit lesson logs to Unit Manager every two weeks. Provide students with evaluations at the end of each lesson session.
- Enforce all tennis facility policies, rules and regulations to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Greet new arrivals to tennis camp, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to tennis camp participants and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with staff and the ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the manager. Maintain cleanliness and safety of courts, keeping free of loose tennis balls and trash. Empty trash bins as needed.
- Confer with management to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Counselor must have completed their junior year in high school. Minimum of at least 16 years of age. High school diploma or GED required for Senior Counselors.
- First aid and CPR certified preferred.
- Ability to relate to and work with one's peer group.
- Counselors must have necessary tennis skills to effectively teach children aged 5-17. Previous experience working in a tennis summer camp or other related experience preferred.
- Tournament level or high school playing experience required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Must be available to work for 8 weeks, between 6/17/13 - 8/16/2013.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Tennis court and equipment.
Guest Services, Inc. - 16 months ago