Job Title: Tennis Coach, Adult Program
FLSA Status : Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for all aspects of training and coaching adult guests.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Prepares and delivers a tennis training program for all athletes.
- Assesses the skill development of each athlete, and partners with APD coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Assists with the psychological preparation of the athlete in both pre-match and post-match.
- Develops motivational approach to practice and matches.
- Works to develop comprehensive knowledge of tennis in decision-making, handling authority and setting and meeting objectives.
- Interacts with the sathlete as an educator of the sport.
- Effectively communicates to ahletes
- Assures that proper safety is maintained.
- Travels to tournaments and other events as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in coaching and/or playing tennis
- Proficiency in all tennis training and instructional techniques
- Strong commitment to athletes and their development
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to comprehensive excellence
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- CPR Certification
- USPTA certification
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Ability to move around campus including gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
IMG - 21 months ago