Tennis Desk Team Member-VES00081
Assist the Tennis Coordinator and Tennis Department Head in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Tennis department. Schedule court time, educate members on tennis programs, lessons, and equipment, and maintain the pro shop (where applicable). Provide exceptional customer service to encourage repeat business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Greet, schedule lessons and court time and assist members in a friendly and professional manner
2. Be attentive and promptly respond to member needs
1. Explain all Tennis programs, services, and equipment to members and assist them with determining their individual needs
2. Initiate, develop and maintain personalized relationships with members
5. Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns
6. Assist in ensuring all tennis facilities and equipment are clean, organized and in good working condition
Sale & Promotion
1. Promote and sell tennis programs, services, and equipment
2. Promote and sell permanent court
3. Promote all Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services
Financial & Budgetary
1. Assist Department Head with inventory and ordering product (where applicable)
2. Ensure all daily billing is completed accurately and efficiently.
3. Reconcile cash register at end of shift
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Ensure pro shop is neat, orderly, and well-stocked (where applicable)
1. Attend department and "all club meetings"
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Support and articulate the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Comply with all company safety rules
- Use all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Report accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participate in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggest methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- Working towards high School diploma or GED
- One-year of customer service
- Computer experience preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- CPR/AED certification received within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Extensive knowledge of tennis rules and regulations, including score keeping
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to operate a personal computer and office software
- Knowledge of standard office procedures
- Ability to pay attention to details
Language Ability- Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical Skills- Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability- Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Primary Location: : AL-Vestavia Hills
Life Time Fitness, Inc. operates multi-use sports and athletic, professional fitness, family recreation and resort and spa centers under the...