Teaches beginning and intermediate youth tennis lessons for participants 6-15 years of age. Ensure safe and clean environment for all participants.
· Supervise tennis participants and facilities at all times;
· Ensure all program rules/regulations are followed;
· Report any disciplinary problems to Program Administrator/Coordinator ;
· Complete forms/reports as required (ex: disciplinary forms, accident forms, time sheets, supply request, etc.);
· Maintain an accurate inventory of all supplies and equipment;
· Promote a teamwork environment among the tennis participants;
· Perform other related duties as assigned;
· Knowledge of tennis rules and regulations;
· Knowledge of general Parks and Recreation operating policies and procedures;
· Knowledge of general office support practices and procedures;
· Knowledge of modern first aid techniques;
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other city department staff and the general public;
· Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate tennis activities and events;
· Ability to give and follow oral/written instructions .
Education and Experience:
Must be a minimum age of 16; experience in tennis as a player/instructor.