Must know basic rules and fundamentals of tennis. Must be able to teach youth beginner-intermediate players the rules, fundamentals, and strategy of tennis in groups of 1-8 students ages 6-16.
Spring Lessons are held Saturday Mornings-Afternoons in March and April. Must be available Saturdays.
Assists in planning, promoting, coordinating, supervising, and evaluating recreation programs, child care, fitness, and community events. Ensures safety of facility and program, provides customer service, and maintains equipment.
Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of hire.
Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Other minimum qualifications may be required depending on the exact position under this title.
Educational background or experience in recreation or similar field preferred.
- Assists in delivery of youth and adult recreation activities, child care programs, and community events.
- Conducts and actively participates in scheduled recreational activities.
- Oversees and monitors all indoor and outdoor areas as assigned.
- Serves as game official or referee.
- Supervises classroom activities.
- Provides effective customer service in dealing with patrons and participants.
- Monitors safety of facility and program environment.
- Assists in maintaining and controlling inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Enforces rules and regulations of facility, programs, activities, and events.
- Assists in keeping accurate records of attendance, inventory, and maintenance and janitorial supplies.
- Attends job specific trainings.
- May work up to 1,560 hours per calendar year.
- Are not eligible for County benefits except as otherwise provided for by policy.
- Are not considered merit employees; they are "at will" employees who may be terminated for any reason, without notice, and without a pre-termination hearing.