We have an opening at the Jewish Community Center for a |
to join our Day Camp for a summer seasonal position. Camp Kehillah- Hyman Multin Sports Track provides instruction to children (K-5th grade) in multiple sports throughout the summer. Children of all abilities are encouraged to have fun and learn new skills. Day Camp runs from June 3rd- August 9th 2013. This position is located at our Creve Coeur facility. Tennis lessons are offered one day per week, the day will be determined in consultation with the instructor but will need to be the same day each week.
Purpose of Job:
To provide quality instruction and enhance players’ skills in tennis, aiding them to reach the highest possible level of accomplishment. To build quality relationships with families and athletes who participate in our sports camp at the J.
- Provide quality customer service at all times; respond to members’ needs. Communicate, in writing, for supervisor to follow up if necessary.
- Provide individual and group instruction to campers.
- Develop lessons to match the needs of our campers.
- Keep track of all camper information following JCC guidelines.
- Make sure your area of use is kept clean and orderly.
- Create curriculum in accordance with your skill set.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; current college student or college graduate is preferred.
- Background in tennis is a prerequisite.
- College playing experience preferred.
- Prior teaching of or coaching of tennis is preferred.
- Ability to maintain athletic facilities.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with members, coworkers and supervisor in a professional manner.
- Prior customer service experience is desired. Must be able to provide excellent customer service to our members.
- Good character, integrity and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm and patience.
- Must be physically able to work outside in the summer heat and humidity and physically able to demonstrate, teach, and play tennis with campers.