Tennis Maintenance Attendant is responsible for daily court maintenance
Tennis Maintenance Attendant
shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
Must sweep and line courts
Change 5 gallon coolers of water, replace cups
Empty trash on courts
Learn the watering system on the tennis courts
Must be hard working, dependable and self motivated
Must be knowledge about tennis courts and facilities at Wild Dunes Resort
Help with ongoing or new projects at the tennis center concerning the aesthetics of the tennis courts or the grounds that surround them
Must be motivated and take pride in making the Wild Dunes Tennis Center the best it could be and always trying to look at the facility from a guest’s perspective
- Perform any other reasonable related duties as requested
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times
- Maintain professional appearance and work uniform
- Complies with all Wild Dunes Resort’s policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments when necessary
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the tennis team
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- Knowledge of tennis and enthusiasm for the game of tennis preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience in resort tennis is preferred
- At least one year previous customer service experience or experience in a similar setting preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have a strong passion for assisting guests
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must have strong knowledge of fitness industry
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Employees who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
Must be able to perform simple grasping, squeezing, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; overhead reaching and fine manipulation occasionally.
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day, including on uneven surfaces, with intermittent periods of stair climbing
- Must be able to twist, squat, bend, kneel and squat frequently; sometimes for prolonged periods, crawl occasionally
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements and simple grasping constantly; pushing & pulling, squeezing and overhead reaching frequently
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, cold, sun & heat)
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, pull & carry up to 100 lbs, repetitive basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Wild Dunes Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran’s status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Destination Hotels & Resorts - 17 months ago