Tennis Pro Shop Lead-BOC00414
Assist in the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the Life Shop. Ensure Life Shop achieves or exceeds monthly revenue goal and contribution margin budgets. Assist in assuring that Life Shop staff provide an excellent member experience to all members. Provide excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent customer service to encourage repeat business
2. Provide an appealing shopping experience; keeping the shop, storage areas and floor merchandise neat and organized
3. Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns
Sales & Promotion
1. Promote and sell Life Shop merchandise and products
2. Promote all Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services
Financial & Budgetary
1. Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly financial and inventory reporting is completed accurately and efficiently.
2. Track sales through BOSS and MMS, daily
3. Track ReQlogic expense activity (Club Expense Detail Report), daily
4. Ensure Life Shop exceeds monthly revenue and contribution margin goals
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Ensure all Life Shop SOP's are followed daily, including but not limited to:
1. BOSS/POS Integration
2. Order Management
2. Create weekly Life Shop schedule and stay within labor budget monthly
3. Train and develop staff through quality orientations, direction, and feedback
4. Ensure that all Life Shop staff is trained on all products, procedures and services
5. Assess individual performance, provide feedback, and employee recognition
6. Ensure all Life Shop team members are adhering to Style Guide
7. Attend department and "all club" meetings
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Support and articulate the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Comply with all company safety rules
- Use all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Report accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participate in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggest methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- College degree in Sport and Recreation or related field preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- One year of customer service
- One year of management experience
- Computer experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- CPR/AED certification received within 30 days of hire
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Comfortable working with all age groups
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to operate a personal computer and office software
Language Ability- Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical Skills- Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability- Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Primary Location: : FL-Boca Raton - BRT - Boca Raton Life Time Athletic
Shift: Day Job
Life Time Fitness - 22 months ago