Rock Creek Park Tennis Center surrounds William H.G. Fitzgerald Tennis Stadium, home of the Citi Open, an ATP Tour Event. The facility has a total of 25 outdoor tennis courts: 15 hard courts and 10 clay courts. Five indoor courts are heated and available during the winter season.
We are now looking for a Tennis Pro!
The Tennis Pro is responsible for teaching tennis lessons, while providing a safe and enjoyable environment for tennis players and their guests.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Teach tennis clinics and camps according to lesson programming as instructed by Director of Tennis. Must be able to work weekday mornings and weekends as needed.
- Enforce all tennis facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist in recruiting clientele for tennis clinics and camps. Communicate regularly to students via phone/e-mail, copying Director of Tennis.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the manager. Maintain cleanliness and safety of courts, keeping free of loose tennis balls and trash. Empty trash bins as needed.
- Complete records and reports. Submit lesson logs to Director of Tennis every two weeks. Provide students with evaluations at the end of each lesson session.
- Travel to various tennis seminars, events and workshops as required.
- Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit's operations. Assist in scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
- First aid and CPR certified preferred.
- Minimum 5 years verifiable previous teaching experience for all levels of tennis instruction.
- Current USPTA or USPTR certification required.
- Strong tennis playing abilities. Ability to play tennis at a 4.5 USTA rated level or above. Past or current regional, national, or world rankings preferred.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for league and tournament play.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Tennis court and equipment.