(six instructor positions available)
Nature of Work
Responsibility of this position is for the planning, direction and instruction of group tennis lessons for youth and adults. Hours of work are varied and may include some evenings.
Examples of Work
1. Develop a daily program schedule including warm-ups and skills
2. Teach fundamental skills through demonstration and games
3. Communicate a positive learning experience to each participant
4. Inspect class area and equipment for safety
5. Handle questions and issues as necessary
1. Experience in tennis instruction is helpful.
2. Must have a thorough knowledge of explaining, demonstrating, and teaching tennis skills and the fundamentals of sports to youth as well as adults
3. Must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with youth and parents
4. Must be organized, self-motivated, outgoing and energetic
5. Must be able to keep accurate records and documentations
6. Must be able to provide own transportation to and from program sites
Required Certifications: Ability to obtain CPR & First Aid certification
Must pass drug screening and background.
Starting salary : $9.50 per hour
Dates: June 3 – August 3, 2013
Application Deadline: March 29, 2013. (Will continue to accept for additional rounds of interviews until May 17 as needed).
For more information, contact Denise Balagna at 434-2260.