This is a full-time, mid-level, professional position in the City's Parks & Recreation Department. An individual in this position will be responsible for administering a comprehensive tennis program for the Missouri City residents and City employees. He or she will work under limited supervision and with a great deal of autonomy.
Examples of Work:
- Recommends, educates, supervises and evaluates tennis employees;
- Manages Tennis Teaching Professional contracts;
- Creates and manages tennis programs including junior programs, lessons, tournaments, leagues, social mixers, etc.;
- Creates programming for the Employee Tennis Program;
- Manages tennis areas including the cleaning and maintenance of the courts;
- Develops and presents educational classes and workshops related to tennis for community outreach;
- Manages tennis budgets, purchases, equipment and payroll;
- Coordinates the tennis committee;
- Coordinates and/or assists with special events and activities, as necessary;
- Works outside normal office hours and weekends, as required;
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications within three (3) months of employment;
- Provide supervision to evening staff and the facility;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- S ubject to 24-hour recall.
Experience and Education Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Sports Management, or closely related field and three (3) years of related professional experience desired.
A valid United States Professional Tennis Association (USTPA)Certificate(Minimum Level 1) desired; or receive the certification within six (6) months of employment.
At least five (5) years of professional experience instructing juniors and adults, as well as, experience managing a municipal tennis program.
City of Missouri City, TX - 6 months ago