The Tennis Teaching Professional instructs groups or individuals the fundamentals of tennis. In addition, they evaluate the strengths/weaknesses of each student and demonstrate techniques for overcoming those weaknesses. Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Works closely with the Tennis Club Manager/Teaching Professional.
• Always ensures players receive exemplary customer service.
• Continually interacts with guests to provide & ensure highest service.
• Effectively plans, organizes and conducts tennis lessons.
• Adjusts coaching based on the strengths & weaknesses of the athletes.
• Instructs individuals/groups in sports rules, game strategies & performance.
• Always keeps abreast of changing rules, techniques, & technologies.
• Monitors use of equipment in order to ensure safe & proper use.
• Always explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
• Performs activities that support the tennis/racquetball program.
• Arranges & conducts training camps, skill improvement courses & clinics.
• Selects, acquires, stores and issues equipment and other materials.
• Maintains knowledge of the tennis/racquetball operations.
• Continually provides input to the Tennis Club Manager/Teaching Professional on matters that need immediate attention.
• Regularly visits the practice areas to offer advice & promote tennis.
• High School Diploma/ G.E.D required, Associates Degree preferred.
• Must be certified by USPTA or USPTR, will accept equivalent of 2 years teaching experience in a school or club in lieu of certification.
• Must be able to demonstrate tennis equipment and movements used in teaching and training, including the ability to bend, stoop, twist, stretch, turn, reach, and run. There is fundamental arm and wrist movement, knee and back bending. Must be able to stop suddenly on court surface. Must be able to lift 51 lbs.
• Must possess excellent communication skills; communicates information for instructional purposes.
• Experience playing tennis at the collegiate level preferred.
• Previous experience stringing and repairing racket equipment preferred.
• Previous tennis retail experience in a pro shop setting preferred.