Plan, direct and coordinate activities of Rapid City terminal to provide customers with fast, efficient and safe service. Ensure that the terminal is financially viable and in compliance with Jefferson Partners standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate terminal activities to obtain optimum use of facilities, equipment and personnel.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise terminal employees.
- Coordinate activities of employees within the department including passengerreservations and ticketing, passenger service and cargo services to ensure operations meet company and government standards.
- Direct preparation of work schedules to obtain optimum utilization of human resources and facilities.
- Prepare activities reports for management.
- Participate in setting sales and cost of sales goals.
- Contract with vendors to maintain depot physical plant.
- Provide information to the public and agents on the rural transit systems.
- Respond to requests for passenger ADA accommodations.
- Manage the sales function by taking orders and fulfilling ticket and bus bill requests for customers with credit card and charge accounts.
- Provide new depot agents and transit feeder with assistance.
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager with on-site agency training.
Directly supervise facility, employees and performance within terminal. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training for employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Two – year vocational or associate degree in business or related field plus 2 years of related experience or High School diploma or equivalent and at least four years of relevant experience in sales, customer service, transportation or related area. Must have valid driver’s license
This position requires less than 10% occasional travel
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents that apply to the duties herein described.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and tracking programs.
- Ability to effectively speak before employees, customers and management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Commitment to work as a team member for the benefit of the company.
- Ability to interpret and generate a variety of instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Ability and commitment to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Have detail-orientation.
- Ability to calculate figures, amounts and statistics.
- Ability to meet deadlines, at times in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb steps and crouch, balance, stoop, kneel and assist disabled passengers. Occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. May frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles (emissions).
May occasionally work outdoors and be exposed to outdoor weather (heat and cold) conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be very loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jefferson Lines - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard