The Terminal Manger plans, organizes, directs, and controls the overall activities of the total operations functions at the facility. Responsible for the performance of all Department functions at the Facility.
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of planned outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, customer service, and MIS efficiency, along with human utilization.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Presents monthly reports on performance results as requested by the District Operations Manager.
- Develops and presents to the District Operations Manager matters requiring higher decision authority.
- Reviews and understands and is responsible for any facility accounting statements.
- Develops and recommends operational policy for the Facility.
- Ensures compiance with Company Poicies, Labor Agreements or Associate Handbook, as well as Federal, State, and Local Laws.
- Reviews and approves cost reports, manpower, and facility requirements forecasts.
- Reviews and recommends capital expenses and establishes budget recommendations for the Facility.
- Develops and maintains excellent business relationships with customer representatives
- Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issues specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of the Operations management.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly and recommends compensation for them.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of personnel and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
- Keeps associates informed as to Company/facility plans and progress.
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility.
- Works closely with Human Resources on personnel related issues to ensure compliance and consistency. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- May assitst with snow removal or other property maintenance
- Ability to change productively
- Any duties as assigned
- A behavior and conduct that maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so you get along with customers, vendorsm co-workers and management
- Good and regular attendance
- Ability to work in a`variety od situations
Manages the total operation of the facilty
Minimum Tools Needed
Computers, printers, Fax machine, telephones, two-way radio, copy machine, vehicles, and snow removal or lawn mowing equipment.
Works inside office most of the time
Works outside to oversee outside operations
Overnight travel may be required via personal or rental vehicle, or by airplane
Chemicals Involved With
Toner, ink, solvents, gasoline, hydrolic fluid, transmission fluid, coolant
- BS in Business related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Automotive warehousing and shipping industry, with a minimum or one (1) year experience as Supervisor at a major terminal responsible for all operational disciplines.
- Sound Administrative skills, well developed management skills with both principles and people.
- Experience in working in non-union and unionized environments.
- Valid Driver’s License
Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management style and advocate the team concept.
- Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communication skills in both written and oral forms.
Auto Warehousing Company is the largest full service auto processor in the North America. We deliver consistently exceptional service to our...