Basic Function and Scope of the Position:|
Ensure achievement of territory sales objectives through the sales of Illumina’s product portfolio to high volume CLIA accounts, Translational Genomic Biotechnology companies, and Consumer Genomics groups. Incorporate an entrepreneurial spirit to win new accounts and grow the Translational Genomics Market via strategic and tactical sales activities. Provide regular reports on status of specific sales, potential market opportunities, market conditions, and competitor activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Write and execute strategic business plan to exceed revenue targets by growing current base, attracting new customers with a focus on early innovator labs, and leveraging awareness through professional consortia.
- Develop high-value, long-term profitable customer accounts through relationship building sales techniques.
- Identify and manage high-caliber sales opportunities through professional screening processes and use of all available information resources.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects including personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, internal politics, products and services, competition and market.
- Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities and assist with general customer demonstrations, training and support.
- Negotiate all sales opportunities within company established parameters in territory and generate associated sales contracts and quotations.
- Maintain desirable pricing levels through effective sales negotiation.
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies effectively to supervisors.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Illumina’s CRM database. Utilize same to effectively monitor and direct customer purchasing activities.
- Leverage CRM system to grow sales from existing customer base and expand customer base in assigned territory.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Create a territory business plan that satisfies goals as established by sales management.
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects, and opportunities.
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by Sales management and the Training department.
- Work with Genomic Analysis business unit TAM counterparts within your assigned territory to enable there selling efforts into translational accounts.
Preferred Educational Background:
Preferred Experiential Background:
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical and/or translational sales.
- Experience working in a start up environment.
- Proven track record growing specific, targeted markets.
- Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics is required.
- Well-developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the customer organization. Additionally, demonstrated ability to convert qualified leads into closed deals.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills including high value capital equipment
- Detail- and service-oriented individual.
Illumina, Inc. - 20 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...