Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Prospecting: Conducts daily/weekly cold call campaigns that result in 3-6 face to face new sales calls a week. Must be able to articulate other ways to creatively identify prospects within the geography-- without the aid of internal Motorola– Enterprise Mobility Business resources: such as Inside Sales, Channels, etc. (Knows the importance of driving by office parks, following up on names on trucks on the interstate, smoke stacking, joining local interest groups, etc.)
• Planning: Needs to be a great planner—have a plan, work the plan, re-evaluate the plan monthly and revise it as necessary. Identifies high potential sales opportunities (with channel partners and Regional Sales Manager) and prioritizes them. Build rapport and educates customer both with and without the use of internal and external resources.
• Qualifying & Analysis: Leads and develops account strategy using customer’s growth plans, budget and project timelines.
• Proposing & Closing: Submits and presents the customer with a finalized collaborative proposal with solutions, justifications and expected results to overcome objections and win the business with maximum revenue/margin.
• Validating Value: Engages sales management to validate the business impact with the CXO level.
• Commit Process: understands pipeline, forecasting, and commit to buy process.
• Build a Business Case: Articulates and provides an overview of Motorola–Enterprise Mobility Business’s products and services.
• Implementing: Oversees the implementation of the proposed solution by the integrated account team.
• Follow-up: Insures high post sales satisfaction that enables repeat business with customers.
Must be able to multi task and manage multiple opportunities at one time.
• Demonstrated successful involvement selling to customers across the geography being recruited for preferred or prior successful experience managing a geographic based sales territory.
• Proven track record of successfully managing and maintaining relationships with channel partners. Able to manage account activity with multiple partners simultaneously.
• Proven track record of successfully managing accounts while managing a general territory.
• Must be able to clearly articulate his/her experience managing multiple resources such as: inside sales, channels, SE's, professional services, etc. at one time.
• Networking background—selling through resellers. People who have software & applications background should have several years VAR (Value Added Reseller) experience.
• 3-6 years selling in technology, hardware related environment. Networking background—selling through resellers. People who have software & applications background must have 2 to 3 years VAR (Value Added Reseller) experience. Software experience alone is not a good fit.
• Inside sales experience is a benefit – This would be a great career path for inside sales. (Examples: Cablevision, CISCO, EMC)
• Someone who has previously, successfully managed their own business.
• Prior experience in relationship selling would be a benefit—especially with Partners and Channels. Build an army of guys you can pass the baton to that you know will follow through. (Not high, wide and deep like high touch account managers.)
• Quota assignments of not less than $3M to $7M with goals of $4M to $8M. Successfully demonstrated performance for multiple years against quota assignments.