The Territory Business Manager position will be primarily responsible to work in the South East/Central/South Central US territory with our Development Agents (DA) in the field to ensure that they and their staff are upholding the company standards and providing guidance to their franchisees that will help build sales, stores and overall profitability. Position responsibilities include:
- Planning & Scheduling of Territory Reviews: Schedule visits three months in advance based on previous review score or needs of the territory. Set up travel arrangements. Prepare training presentations for franchisee/staff meetings upon request.
- Territory Visits: Travel to assigned territories and visit 5-10 local restaurants with territory field staff to assess operations level and evaluation effectiveness; communicate all observations, suggestions and provide training as needed. Conduct business meeting following restaurant visits to review any progress made since their last review including development, operations, marketing, profitability tools used, and training provided. Share Best Practices and tools with field staff that will help them to improve and add value to the services provided to the franchisees. Educate staff on how and what it takes to help the company achieve its goals. Provide a summary and findings from territory visits within the required timeframe as outlined in the handbook and follow up on any concerns and provide feedback.
- Training: Provide ongoing training as needed to include effective evaluation writing, how to use profitability tools, tactician, franchises sales seminars, trade area surveys and how to put together three month marketing plans. Also how to look at a restaurant with a fresh set of eyes and how to put together a travel path that works for their field staff. Conduct 3 regional training seminars a year.
- Develop and Share Best Practices: Work with the Supervisor to develop tools and procedures to share with all field staff that will improve their effectiveness to service franchisees and develop their territories.
- Work to improve personal job knowledge on all necessary activities; including, building relationships with all field staff, evaluation processes, development and marketing strategies and initiatives. Apply designated training materials to develop new skills. Participate in all scheduled training classes and conference calls, travel to Headquarters in Milford, CT up to twice a year for training. In addition you may be required to attend field meetings, conventions, and staff meetings which are held in a variety of locations. Stay up to date on all news, policy changes etc.
- Admin: Complete monthly calendars, book travel arrangements and complete expense reports.
BA/BS degree preferred and 5+ years of related business experience required. Subway® experience strongly preferred. Must be proficient is MS applications, email and basic PC knowledge. Extensive travel required in the South, East and Central parts of the U.S., and occasional global travel. Willingness to relocate on a permanent basis if/when necessary. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must have a clean driving record. The successful candidate will need to have a positive attitude, be self-motivating, possess excellent time management skills, good relationship building skills, excellent communication skills, and be flexible and detail oriented.
SUBWAY - 22 months ago
The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. In 2002,...